Saturday, November 15, 2008

Werewolves and Kittens and Bears, Oh My!

In 50 years we will be able to tell our grandchildren that we were here at this historic moment when Barack Obama was elected president of the United States. Yes we can!


The picture above is of me in my werewolf Halloween costume.

Even a man who is pure at heart
and says his prayers by night
may become a werewolf
when the wolf's bane blooms
and the Autumn moon
is shining full and bright

Me and my friend Dracula (David)

What are you looking at?

My cats, from left, Eeclipse, Magic, and Leon.


These are photos taken by my dad and I with our remote trail camera.
The bear feeds on a cow skull on our mountain on Maggie.
A wet bear butt

The bear
the king of the forest
shy but fierce


The bear feeds on the remains of a blacktail deer.

An extreme closeup of the bear


We have also used the camera to get pictures of other critters on Maggie. We hope to get pictures of mountain lions, coyotes and bobcats someday

Some of my recent photography on Maggie
Western Forest Scorpion

A scorpion
feared because it stings
those who harass it
and deserve to be stung



The picture above is of an Ensatina Salamander
The picture above and the picture below are of another Ensatina Salamander
A little salamander
pokes its head over dad's hand
its amphibian skin moist and gleaming

A red salamander[species unknown]

Closeup of mushroom with dead gnats on it.


A large Praying Mantis perched on a dead flower in front of our house.

No comments: